Monday, January 25, 2010

Chocolate Tweed Angel Food Cake

This cake was supposed to be my son's 2nd birthday cake for the birthday that was supposed to happen
yesterday.  This cake did not happen, mostly because my son was rejecting (unwillingly) everything that went in his mouth -- if you catch my drift.  The icing on the cake was the blizzard that moved in, making it undesirable for any of our family to attend as well.  Needless to say, the cake was the last of my concerns this weekend...however, I have made it before, but with no pictures.  It's a breeze to put together, delicious, and I liked it.  Although, I should add I didn't add the ground almonds to the whipped cream -- not enough time (why I don't have a photo either) -- but it was yummy, none-the-less.  The guys at the stag my hubby took it to agreed.  He had to fight to bring me a slice home!

And...I was totally surprised about being the feature baker...especially with my less than spectacular Tres Leches!  Thanks for the commnents!  Hope to visit more of the great blogs soon!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, hope your son gets over this soon. Some days are just not fated for baking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayee. My heart goes out to you. Sick children are no fun at all. Though maybe the blizzard spared your wee boy from "sharing the love" to other family.

    Hope things are looking up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know you didn't have any issues with this cake and that you liked it. I'm thinking of giving it a shot next week (and skip the Pineapple cakes). Hope your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny your husband had to "fight" to bring you home a slice. That's a huge endorcement for this cake! Hope your little one is feeling better and up for a birthday celebration soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the being the featured baker. Sorry you had such a bad baking day. Good thing your son is so young that he won't remember it!

    Happier baking days ahead to you!!
    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope your son is feeling better already. I agree with Nicola, having sick children are no fun at all..being mothers, we all know that. Glad that you baked it and like it!

    ReplyDelete

For Heavenly Cakes Sake